Moon of Alabama
March 30, 2017
Everyone agrees that Trump is an agent. But who’s agent is he? Thousands of words have been spilled discussing the issue. The opinions differ:
- Polls Find Most Americans Think Trump Is an Agent of Change
- Garry Kasparov: Trump Is Putin’s “Agent Of Chaos”
- Is Donald Trump a Democratic secret agent? – BBC News
- Former CIA chief: Putin sees Trump as ‘unwitting agent’
- Is Donald Trump an Agent of Divine Judgment? – The Federalist
- Is Donald Trump a Foreign Agent?
- Donald Trump: secret Jesuit agent for Commander-in-Chief
- Trump Is An Enemy Agent.
- Is Trump a Russian Agent? A Legal Analysis – Lawfare
- Is Donald Trump a Double Agent? | The Huffington Post
- Donald Trump for President — Double Agent for the Left
- Washington Monthly | Trump As An Agent of Chaos
- Trump Is the NRA’s Agent of Chaos – Bloomberg View
- Trump: Dem Agent Provocateur Strutting In Open Sight
- Editorial: Trump is the change agent America needs
- Busta Rhymes calls Trump “Agent Orange” and slams Muslim ban
- Donald Trump: Soros’ Useful Idiot or Agent Provocateur?
- Is Trump a Democratic Party Agent?
- Is Donald Trump a Sleeper Agent for Moscow?
The question seems to be difficult.
Luckily we have the paper of record and its eminent next-six-months columnist Thomas Friedman who finally provides the clear and banal answer:
Trump Is a Chinese Agent
I though you would like to know that … it is preposterous nonsense. But what else could one expect from Friedman.
More seriously. My impression is that there is only one person for whom Donald Trump is willing to act as an agent. That person is Donald Trump. So the person Trump works for is not very knowledgeable, not very smart and not very likeable. I would have been nice if the U.S. electorate had had a chance to vote for a better one. But that was – unfortunately – not the case. The result has to be accepted. Fighting it is useless.
The war on issues has begun. Could someone go and tell the Democrats?